Wednesday 1 April 2015

Malama Hounaoua Voyage

On Wednesday in the morning the school involved in the Manaiakalani  went down to point england beach to welcome Voyages from Hawaii that came to New Zealand on a waka into the beach by doing haka and waiata. We went down to the beach on the buses the buses we went on were green. Then after that we sat down and they done a speech which was long. But when we were doing the haka us tamaki Primary, Tamaki College and Stonefield were the only ones that were actually doing the actions right. After that some people done little speeches and then Tom Ngapera praised by doing karakia. The people that come from Hawaii stood in a line and all the school had to go through fast so the other school wait long and the people went to the people from Hawaii and we shook their hand and then had to run around and Me and Joe had a race and I won. We found our class and walked over to the bus. First the year 7s went with their buddy class and went back to school. While we were waiting we got to talk to our friends. When the bus got back Miss Kyla said “everybody say YEAH” then my class go to go on the bus first so I took my buddy and went on the bus. Me and my buddy Abraham went and sat by my friend. We let another boy sit by us because he had nowhere to sit. When we got back to school I said “laters” to my buddy and he said it back to me and I went to get my lunch of my brother.it back to me and I went to get my lunch of my brother.

0 comments:

Post a Comment